We was surprised to find the latest software update version for the U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S Aviator R930 was also named FD02 software update, because the Samsung Galaxy Nexus just received a software update that fixed the network issue. But the pre-fix of the new software on these to phones are not the same, it is SCH-R930.FD02, while the Galaxy Nexus is SPH-L700.FD02.
This software update for the Samsung Galaxy S Aviator fixes two main issues, the Bluetooth search issue and Squelching issue during a voice call. So, it is a small software update, but if your phone has those issue, you should download and install the new software update to your phone right now.
Before installing the update, you should back up the data on your phone, and then download the Simple Upgrade Tool to your computer, then double click the exe file to install it on your computer. Finally, it is time to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S Aviator to new FD02 version.
1. Totally turn off the phone by removing the battery from your device, then replace the battery in the device.
2. Plug your USB data cable into your PC. Press and hold the Volume down key on your device. While holding the Volume down key, plug the USB data cable into your device.
3. Hold the Volume down key until the following screen appears. Select Next.
4. Press the Volume up key. The downloading screen will appear. Select Next.
5. Device drivers will be installed. Do not unplug the USB data cable from the device. Once drivers are installed select Next.
6. Press Start Software Download button to start the upgrade process.
This update may take up to 15 minutes to complete. At last check the software version on your phone from Menu > Settings > About Phone, it should be SCH-R930.FD02. Now you can import your data to your Galaxy S Aviator and enjoy it.